Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Phillipians 4:8

God Keeps His Promises

When Paul leaves for work at 6:00 a.m., I try to force myself to get upright and spend some time on my prayers and devotions. My preference would be to roll over and go back to sleep for another hour before Regan gets up at 7:00.

This morning, after finishing my devotions, I was laying there reflecting on something God had done for me this week and if I should share it here. About that time (6:45) Sage woke up. I changed her diaper and brought her to bed with me for some snuggle time. As we laid in bed, this is what I saw out the window....




I called Regan out of bed to see it. This is the second one we have seen this summer. I found that odd, since I have not seen one for 3 1/2 years and don't know when the last time before that was.

I immediately thought about how God keeps His promises...that is what the rainbow symbolizes. I continued to remember how he was faithful to me this week.

I have been working on redoing a line of credit we have at the bank, to reduce the interest rate and payment. To make a long story short, it looked like we were going to be charged $250 for something that I was told I could cancel.

Normally in these situations, I tend to get very upset, and in turn, get very ugly. Not something I am proud of and always regret after the fact. This week, while waiting for phone calls to be returned, I spent some time doing my devotions and praying about the situation. I felt like God was telling me that presenting myself in a Christ-like fashion was far more important than the money.

God gave me the patience to deal with the situation and also provided us a legal out when mistakes were discovered on the paperwork we had signed. In the end, we were not charged the $250 and were still locked in at a lower interest rate.

I know that God heard and answered my prayers this week. I know that without Him, I would have handled the situation very differently and probably had a different end result. I am so thankful to worship a God that is in every detail of my life and cares enough to listen and answer every concern. I am so thankful He is patient with me and continues to grow me to be more like Christ. I am so glad that He shows me how He works for the good of those who love Him.

0 comments: