Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Phillipians 4:8

My thoughts...

Today, I was volunteering in Regan's classroom. As I was washing the tempera paint from the paint brushes and watching the murky water swirl down the drain, my mind wandered to another world. As I performed the simple task of cleaning paint brushes, I couldn't help but think about those who don't even have clean water to drink, let alone to clean paint brushes with. I was thinking how the water washing off the paint brushes today was probably cleaner and safer than the water they drink every day.

Over Christmas, our church participated in the Advent Conspiracy. In the three months since then, my mind has wondered often to the water needs of our world and the ministry of Living Water International.

As I have prayed about these things, I have been constantly asking God 'what do you want me to do about it?'. He has laid on my heart lately that every little bit counts, so do what you can and I will bless it.

Yesterday, I visited the Living Water Site and read this:

A child dies every 15 seconds because of the lack of clean water. It costs us an average of $0.98 to provide clean, safe water to one person for one year: every dollar makes a difference!

I am not someone who finds it easy to ask people to give money to something, even if it is something I believe in. And now, of all times, isn't the best time to ask...so, I won't.

But I do have something to ask of you and a way that you can help! I write my blog mostly to record things for my family to remember. However, I am curious about who actually reads it! LOL!! So, if you are reading this, leave me a comment. Tell me what ministry or cause tugs at your heart strings. If you had a lump sum of money that your HAD to give away...where would it go??

For every comment left here...I will donate $1 to Living Water International. Your simple post will provide one person with clean water for one year. It doesn't get much easier than that.

9 comments:

Launa said...

What an honor to be the first! I think this is awesome Christy. I worked for Hopegivers International a missionary organization to India and they are still so very close to my heart. It feels so right to out of our abundance help others.

Blessings,
Launa

Shalae said...

Some great thoughts Christy! Our church participates in a lot of various humanitarian efforts, and I love being able to participate and see what is happening with all of these efforts all over the world. There are so many people that have less than us, and yet we complain so often when life is a tad be harder than it is, when in reality our life is extremely blessed!

Caroline said...

Oh yes, we are blessed ... It is great to help and you are right ... every dollar counts. So sad that the world's situation regarding politics and other 'fights' sometimes keeps from achieving simple things like clean water! I have various causes that I support each year, in my country and in the world. I think I will add this one to my list! Imagine ... if everybody would just give 10$ ... where would this lead!!!!!!!

Laurel said...

What a cool thing to do Christy. I visited that link and was just floored when I read that statement. Who knew someone like me really could make that much of a difference? I am glad you brought that to my attention. I decided to donate $10 to the cause -- the equivalent of one layout. It's not much, but it's a good step. Thank you for inspiring others to do good. God's working through you there.

Crissa said...

Mike will soon be auctioning off a completed "church" website, with all proceeds going to charity. He is hoping to make enough on this auction to provide clean drinking water for a village.

Shari said...

Christy ... you are AWESOME! I am going to go check out that website and make a donation. I don't know how much yet but I will. :o) For me the cause is Breast Cancer. Both my family and my husbands has been affected by it (who's hasn't really?) so it's a cause close to my heart. (Pardon the pun.)

Kelly said...

Hi Christy,
Great idea. We were able to do a water project with international aide at Christmas. We really take our water for granted.
Closer to home...My heart is for the crisis pregnancy center where girls can get love and help. They can see their babies heartbeat and choose to give them life!

KC said...

Wonderful idea and worthy cause! We gave farm animals to families in third world countries last year (so they can start profitable herds). I'll be donating to provide clean water too!

Jennifer said...

Hi Christy, I check in on your blog every couple weeks. What a great idea, to donate to the clean water charity. I'd never heard of them before or known that just $1 could do so much. Thanks for sharing that.

Jen M.