Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Phillipians 4:8

Just a bee sting...some more thoughts.

I have been reflecting some more this week about keeping things in perspective. After sharing my 'bee sting' thoughts last week, a friend encouraged me 'not to minimize the bee sting, as it still hurts'. My devotions since then have also talked about how we have a God who always listens. It is so comforting to know that even when my trials may be small, God is big and He cares about even the little things. Here is a case in point:

Two weeks ago, I lost one of the half carat diamond earrings Paul had given me on our 5th Anniversary. I went to take them out at night and one was missing. I was not even confident that I ever put it in that morning, so looked all around the bathroom. I also contacted the church I had been at and a friend whose house I had visited that day, to ask them to keep their eyes open. While I was very disappointed to have lost the earring, I had an overwhelming peace about it. I kept the perspective that it was just a 'thing', a material possession. I also had a great sense that if God wanted me to have it back, it would show up.

So, yesterday, I woke up and our phone and internet were out. Kind of a bummer way to start the day, but I called and got an appointment to have it fixed today. After calling, I thought I should do a quick check and make sure there weren't any cables loose or cords unplugged under my desk (a place Marley likes to hang out). While on my hands and knees, among the dust bunnies, I found an earring back. My first thought was that it was one of Sage's, which I seem to find everywhere. And then, about 2 inches away, I found my earring!!

I couldn't believe it had been right there under my feet all along! I sit at my desk/computer several times everyday. I also realized that it could have so easily been 'lost' someplace in the cracks of our floor boards or under a different part of the desk where it would not have been discovered for years, if at all.

This all served as a great reminder to me of how much God cares about even the tiniest of things. That small earring and back could have been anywhere! The places it could have been lost without any potential of returning were infinite! Yet God, in His love and grace allowed it to be safely resting, in my home, in a place that I would eventually find it.

How great is our God who cares about the whole world, yet still has time to care about the tiniest details of our lives. :)

0 comments: