Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Phillipians 4:8

New Year!

It's a new year and I am excited to finally give this blog a much needed facelift and get back to blogging here a bit!

Thanks to Launa Valente for the referral and to Cinnamon Girl Studios for the creation of this awesome blogger template! I am in LOVE with this new simple look! I hope you enjoy it as well!

This year, I am embarking on a 365/photo a day type project, with a bit of my own flavor added. You can read more about the details at SpeedScraps.  I'm still sorting out what to post where, as my two worlds and blogs seem to be converging more now than before. One thing I do know, is that I want to do more documenting of our day to day life and feel that belongs here. :)

Here are a couple funny stories from our house this week.

Last Saturday, we finally had enough snow for Daddy to pull the girls on their sleds behind the quad. Regan and Daddy went out for a bit after dinner. It was quite cold and they didn't stay out very long. When Regan came inside, her face was bright red! At first I thought it was just from the cold, but then she explained that she fell off the sled and landed face first in the snow.

The next morning on the way to church, Regan was trying to convince Sage to go sledding behind the quad with her when we got home. Sage was having nothing doing! I asked her why, as she is usually my brave one. She said 'because I don't want any snow bushes!!'. Huh? I asked her what that meant and she said 'You know, like Regan did last night?'. I said 'You mean a face plant?' - 'Yeah, I don't want any face plants'!! LOL! (for some reason, this made me just laugh hysterically. The kid cracks me up!)

Later that afternoon, I went to the store to pick up a few things and thought I would treat the girls and daddy to some ice cream. I picked up Mint Moose Tracks (mostly for daddy) and Birthday Cake (mostly for the girls). For bedtime snack, all three of them opted for Moose tracks.

On Monday night, when it was time for bedtime snack again, they all opted for more Moose Tracks. Daddy reminded the girls that there was birthday cake ice cream. To which Regan responded 'We know, but we have to get some of the moose tracks before you eat it all....We KNOW your weakness!!'. LOL! This had both Paul and I chuckling pretty good. Even Paul admits that the girls have him pegged.

Other things that have brought us joy so far this week:

  • - Eating lots of fruits and veggies and trying new recipes.
  • - Sitting in the hot tub after playing in the snow.
  • - Going sledding in Fruitport.
  • - Baking bread and granola bars.
  • - Stealing Daddy's pistachios.
  • - Playing with Daddy at the pool.

And, a couple photos from today.


Reading before naptime.


Sage's 'self-portrait' - using the remote for the camera.

Have a blessed day!

1 comments:

KC said...

Sweet photos of your three girls! Have fun with your 'new' blog. Looking forward to seeing more photos and some of your Project Joy 365 layouts!