Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Phillipians 4:8

This week...

6:15 am - Monday morning, I woke to check the school closings. Sure enough, Sunday's snowstorm had rendered it another snow day. I crawled back in bed, hoping for a few more minutes of half sleep before Regan made her way out of bed at the 7:00 hour her brain is hard-wired for.

7:30 am - Regan quietly entered my room and asked if she could watch TV. I tell her 'not right now' and she made her way back downstairs to, I assume, curl up with a fairyland book. Sage was still asleep. I laed still for a few minutes, with every intention of crawling out of bed soon.

8:30 am - I rolled over, after what seemed to be a few short minutes and blinked a few times to get a clear view of the alarm clock. I laughed to myself, pleasantly surprised at being able to 'sleep in' that late. I rolled out of bed, madly in love with my children who had left me undisturbed. :) Be still my heart when I stumbled downstairs to find the two of them curled up on the couch reading together.


We spent the rest of the day hanging out at home. We ventured outside for a brief walk in the woods, but the wind was bitter cold and we didn't last long. 

We occupied some of the morning with messy, goupy hands, as I introduced the girls to paper mache. They thought it was pretty fun and both did a great job. The first layer is dried and waiting for us to have an opportunity to finish our project. 



On Tuesday, I began thinking about what type of food we need for our upcoming trip to Great Wolf Lodge. Road trips usually mean some sort of homemade treat (it's just my thing). :) I asked Sage if she wanted to help me bake some cookies and she was more than willing to help. I think her exact words were 'I LOVE helping mommy make things!'.

I pulled out my Sneak Chef Cookbook and we mixed up a quadruple batch of the Unbelievable Chocolate Chip Cookies.  

YUMMY!!


We substituted applesauce for 1/4 of the butter and added 1/2 cup ground flaxseed and 1 1/2 cups finely chopped  sliced almonds to the quadruple batch. 

Note: Her single recipe says it makes about 50 two-bite  cookies. Our quadruple batch made 70 'regualar' size cookies.

Good thing we made plenty, so we can munch on a few before Sunday's trip!

0 comments: