Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Phillipians 4:8

Cherish Every Moment


This week has been a sober reminder to cherish every moment of every day, for you just don't know what tomorrow brings. 

About a month ago, my friend, Michelle Laven, started experiencing some strange emotional and physical changes. In a few short weeks, her condition worsened severely. Earlier this week, she was diagnosed with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and, today, "They will not be starting any more IVs, as she has a DNR, and they do not believe there is anything they can do that would benefit her." (from her CaringBridge page).

Today, my heart is heavy for Michelle and her husband Kip and their sons, Devin and Cody. I pray for God's peace for their family and His love to surround them. My heart and head are full of thoughts and emotions, but my mind is at a loss for the words to express them.

3 comments:

been blessed said...

I am praying. My cousin was in a similar condition, but worse, believe me. I prayed by his side night and day for a week... Doctors told me to "please not waste my time and get others hopeful for nothing". I didn't listen. I kept telling him he would live, over and over, thousands of times. One week later he spoke his first word back. 6 months later he was on the Deans list at his college. I promise this can turn around. I will be praying from here in Bloomington all night, I don't believe I have to be RIGHT beside her for this to work, but what would help is for Michelle's friends and family to start believing, yes, even against such strong odds.

I also assure you I've shared this story with friends and family as far away as India, New Zeland and Isreal.

Be hope, my friend, and it will seep into Michelle.

"As ye have faith, so shall your powers and blessings be. This is the balance. This is the balance. This is the balance."

been blessed said...

by the way, in case you were wondering I saw the news story on kare 11 tonight and that's why I knew Kip abd Michelle's first names. I type those names into google and up came your blog :-)

I was very happy and hopeful to see your blog so that you would be able to tell the family they just need to remain faithful and hopeful. If you can't tell them that yet, no worries. I understand. But soon she will show signs of improvement and maybe that will be a more appropriate time to tell them.

Basically, she needs as much faith and hope as we, her fellow human beings, can muster! This may sound crazy, DNR's are not hopeful sounding, I know. But miricals occur EVERY day. Believe that, please, Michelle needs you too.

Laurel said...

Christy, I am right there with you.