Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Phillipians 4:8

A Simple but Fun Week

Sometimes, life just feels very ordinary. This was one of those weeks...but I'll take ordinary, it's OK by me!!

We started our park play-dates with the mom's group this Tuesday. We chose to meet at Rycenga park, partly because it is never busy. Well, this week was a different story. The Head Start program was having their end of the year picnic there.

It was crazy busy, but we still had a great time. The group was kind enough to share their bubbles and chalk and such with out kids. Sage, in return, provided the ladies with some good laughs as she proceeded to eat the bubbles...more than once!

She continued her antics at home the following day. At nap time, it is not uncommon for her to get out of bed and come out to tell me that she needs her diaper changed. I usually listen closely to the monitor, so that I can get to her before she gets in any kind of trouble. Well, my listening ears must not have been so keen on this day.

She climbed out of her crib (in our bathroom), went into our bedroom, around the bed, grabbed the lotion from Paul's nightstand, back around the bed, back into the bathroom, closed the door, climbed back into bed (with the lotion) and proceeded to help herself to a 'little' lotion! I am not sure what actually made me decide to check on her, but I am glad I did! I walked into the bathroom to her little 'grin' and "Mommy help??"

We wondered for a long time if she was going to be as smart as Regan. I am beginning to think she is going to be even smarter...and not necessarily wiser! She's just luck she's cute!

Regan had her ears and eyes checked in preparation for starting school in the fall. When I told her about her appointment, she was 'less than happy', to say the least. After about 10 minutes of crying and carrying on and being warned to stop, she finally asked "do I have to get shots?". 'No, not today' was my response. I didn't figure it was a good time to tell her she will be needing those later!! The appointment was a breeze and she passed with flying colors.

Yesterday, we enjoyed a day with Crissa and the kids. The girls always enjoy having them over and playing with them. Regan would be content to have them stay everyday and read her entire book collection to her! She introduced them to baseball and bowling on the Wii. It was nice for them to have something they could all do together. We finished our time with some outdoor play, a peek at mama duck on her nest, feeding the fish and some fun with playdough. (and after 3 1/2 hours of trying, Sage did eventually take a short nap before dinner).

So, there you have it. The highlights of our ordinary life. Hope yours is as blessed as ours!

1 comments:

Crissa said...

We had a good time visiting with you and the girls yesterday! I'm glad Sage finally slept a bit (we'll try to be better with leaving "on time" next time).

I like your updated header!